|Grilled Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus|| || |
Author: Grilling Wino
- 16 - large Asparagus spears (3/4 - 1") with tough ends trimmed off.
- 16 - slices of Prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons - olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- - Trim off the tough ends of asparagus spears, wash thoroughly, and pat dry with paper towel.
- - Wrap each asparagus spear with a thin slice of prosciutto.
- - Brush the wrapped spears with olive oil
- - Lightly season with salt and pepper to taste
- - Place spears over medium heat (300°-350°F) on charcoal or gas grill. Cook until prosciutto is crisp and asparagus is tender but not limp.
If you are using the smaller pencil sized asparagus, wrap the spears in bundles of 3 or 4.
Wine Pairing Suggestions
- Sauvignon Blanc